mith

Mith's Bookshelf

Just testing the waters here, and still hoping GR gets it together soon!

Kinslayer
Jay Kristoff
The Dream Thieves
Maggie Stiefvater
VIcious
Victoria Schwab, V. E. Schwab
Coffeehouse Angel - Suzanne Selfors I'm not going to go into the details of this book, Namz has already done a wonderful job of that.

This was a fun, refreshing read. For a change, romance was not the main element of a teen YA novel, it took the back seat and remained there throughout. Indeed, even though the male lead(s) had a pivotal role(s), the focus remained entirely on Katrina.

Also, this book stood out because, again, for a change, the heroine was NOT in love with her male best friend -
“Do you think it's weird that we're not in love with each other?"
"No. I think it's perfect.”

I LOVED that Katrina was not one of those heroines who needed to be rescued by a hot hunk (coughTwilightcough), she rescued herself. Sure she made some mistakes along the way, but who's perfect? I'm kind of in the same place in life as Katrina so I could relate a lot to her and her story. Maybe because of that I found myself in tears in more places than one and the part where Imgaard finally reads her message, I bawled for a solid two minutes. I needed to read that.

All in all, a good read, one that'll make you think, that, hey, maybe life doesn't have to be so bad after all, and puts a smile on your face that'll stay long after you turn the last page.