mith

Mith's Bookshelf

Just testing the waters here, and still hoping GR gets it together soon!

Kinslayer
Jay Kristoff
The Dream Thieves
Maggie Stiefvater
VIcious
Victoria Schwab, V. E. Schwab
Inheritance - Christopher Paolini It was better than I expected and then some.

The good stuff:
1. An admirable end to the trilogy cycle, with a fair amount of action, intrigue, magic and dragons.
2. The epic battle at Uru'baen was skillfully done and kept me at the edge of my seat.
3. Loved both Murtagh's and Nasuada's storyline.
4. Paolini's writing has picked up immensely; there was never a dull moment in the book - everybody was always on the move.
5. I'm glad the focus was more on Eragon and Saphira in the book. It was getting too crowded.
6. Angela Mooneater.

The not-so-good stuff:
1. The editing was shoddy at first. It was painful going through the recap at the beginning.
2. The reveal of the final dragon was a bit of an anticlimax. And I SO saw the identity of last dragon rider coming.
3. The whole deal with the hidden dragon eggs seemed like a deus ex machina to me. There wasn't enough ANY foreshadowing regarding that or that their memories had been tampered with.
4. I skimmed through most of the chapters which focused on Roran. (I know I'm in the minority here but he just bores me. Somehow, I could never get invested in his character as much I was invested in Eragon's. Brisingr was totally ruined for me because of him.)
5. There wasn't enough about Angela in the book to my liking. Grrr.
6. I kind of found it hard to believe that Galbotorix could be so easily defeated. If that was the case, why hadn't anybody else done it already?
7. The ending. (HOW COULD YOU, PAOLINI????)