mith

Mith's Bookshelf

Just testing the waters here, and still hoping GR gets it together soon!

Kinslayer
Jay Kristoff
The Dream Thieves
Maggie Stiefvater
VIcious
Victoria Schwab, V. E. Schwab
The Indigo King (Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica) - James A. Owen The best in the series, so far! Loved, loved, LOVED it!

The thing I love about the Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica series is that they keep you guessing! You think you have it all figured out, only to be proven wrong a few pages later. This was one such book - I could NOT put it down!

The Indigo King focuses on the mysterious Cartographer this time around. Much like how Dumbledore shows Harry the history of Voldemort and how he came to be, Jules Verne shows John, Jack and Charles the history of Mordred and the Cartographer, and how they came to be. The whole thing was expertly handled and was brilliant to read about. I cannot believe I actually felt sorry for Mordred at the end of it all! Just goes to show there are always two sides to a story.

The book takes time-travel in the Archiepelago to a whole new level! Several places, I found it a bit difficult to digest the story as I firmly believe, in cases of Time travel, you cannot change the past - what has happened, has happened and what will happen, will happen. The Universe always, always course-corrects itself.

So I wasn't comfortable with the idea that Hugo Dyson had gone back in time and somehow ended up changing the past. But in the end, Owen again managed to explain it all away, leaving me with no room to complain :)

But, I must admit, in the end, I got a bit dizzy trying to keep track of the chronology of the story. Maybe some day, after several re-reads, I'll be able to jot the chronology down on a piece of paper so that it'll be crystal clear, but, till then, I'm going to trust that Owen knows what he's doing and let him take me along on this ride to the magical world of the Archiepalago of Dreams.

Highly recommended just for the sheer shock-and-awe factor of the book!

P.S - Apparently Charles is awesome no matter what timeline he's in! His story-arc in the book was one of the main reasons I loved it :)