mith

Mith's Bookshelf

Just testing the waters here, and still hoping GR gets it together soon!

Kinslayer
Jay Kristoff
The Dream Thieves
Maggie Stiefvater
VIcious
Victoria Schwab, V. E. Schwab
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - Jennifer E. Smith Ah! Such a perfect, perfect feel-good book! I'm not a big believer of love at first sight but Hadley and Oliver almost convinced me!

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight is a cute, little YA love story of two teens, Hadley and Oliver who meet at an airport due to Hadley missing her flight by just four minutes. Those four minutes change her life.

I went in this book with very little expectations, ready to file it away as yet another cheesy, predictable, written-for-the-money-using-very-few-brain-cells chick lit. I'm quite pleased to say that Jennifer Smith proved me astoundingly wrong.

The writing is fantastic. Smith manages to capture even the tiniest of emotions in words that seem to flow beautifully into one another. Even better are the two main characters - real, flawed and, like every other person on the planet, just trying to find their places in life.

I adored the storyline of Hadley and her father. If I could bawl in the office without giving away the fact that I'm reading instead of working, I would. It was touching and handled in a mature manner and that made me one very happy camper!

Highly recommended :)